Booking terms Gotland Promotion
Booking terms concerining stays, activities and vaccation package.
These general conditions apply between Gotland Promotion AB (GPAB) and those who personally or through a third party sign an agreement with GPAB as defined in the confirmation. The contract can be for accommodation, transport, purchase of other products and services, or a combination of these.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE?
The responsible agent is Gotland Promotion AB, Box 1234, SE-621 23 Visby. Phone: +46 (0)771-22 33 50. Corporate registration no.: 556496-2214. Special conditions apply for travel on regular scheduled means of transport. Apart from package deals, ferry traffic is the responsibility of Destination Gotland AB, Box 1234, SE-621 23 Visby. Phone: +46 (0)771-22 33 50. Corporate registration no.: 556038-2342. See also Conditions for Travel by Boat. The booking office is responsible for ensuring that you are informed about these at booking, that you receive the necessary travel documents, and that you are informed about all important changes affecting your booking. If the products are booked with retailers, it is the responsibility of the retailer to ensure that the conditions and payment routines of the organiser are followed by their client.
WHEN DOES MY BOOKING BECOME BINDING?
A booking becomes binding as soon as GPAB confirms it and you pay the agreed deposit (or the entire amount of the booking) within the agreed time period.
WHAT, WHEN AND TO WHOM DO I HAVE TO PAY?
You have to pay the published price for the booking plus or minus such changes in taxes and transport costs that have occurred since the publication of the programme. The timing and recipient for the payment are stated in the Special Conditions.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I DO NOT PAY ON TIME?
GPAB will not send a reminder of an unpaid deposit. The booking will be cancelled if GPAB has not received the deposit by the due date on the confirmation. If you have paid the deposit, one reminder will be sent of the remaining amount. The reservation will be cancelled if GPAB has not received the final amount by the date on the confirmation. Failure to pay on time will be considered a cancellation and the cancellation regulations will apply.
WHAT APPLIES IF I WANT TO CANCEL?
You can cancel by phoning the GPAB call centre on: +46 (0)771-22 33 50 or by email: email@example.com. Note that your cancellation does not apply until you receive written confirmation from GPAB. If there are other opportunities for cancellation, this is clear from the Special Conditions below. For cancellations, the fees defined in the Special Conditions apply. Note: A changed arrival or departure date counts as a cancellation.
WHAT APPLIES IF I JUST WANT TO CHANGE SOMETHING?
If parts of a booking can be changed, the cost is stated in the Special Conditions. Note: A changed arrival or departure date counts as a cancellation.
what if something happens to me?
You can order cancellation insurance to avoid cancellation fees. For prices, see Special Conditions. With cancellation insurance you can cancel up to 24 hours before the departure without paying any other fee than the administration charge of 5% on the price of the booking; however, a maximum of SEK 200 will be charged if the following occurs (for later cancellations the full fee is payable). Fees for cancellation insurance, changes and the deposit are not reimbursed. Cancellation insurance applies to the following events:
- death, illness or accident of a serious nature, which has affected you yourself, your spouse, partner, your or your spouse/partner's parents, your children, siblings or fellow traveller.
- call up to military service, or civil defence.
- some serious occurrence outside your own control, for example, a major conflagration or flood at your place of residence, which results in it not being possible for you to retain your booking. You must then substantiate this impediment with a certificate from a doctor, the authorities or an insurance company. Certificates submitted later than 7 days after the date of cancellation are not taken into consideration. Fees for cancellation insurance, changes and the deposit are not reimbursed.
WHAT HAPPENS IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG?
If all or part of your booking cannot be provided according to the booking confirmation and if no alternative arrangements can be made, where the differences compared with what you have booked are so small as to be insignificant for you, e.g. a hotel or cottage in the same class, then you have a right to cancel. Then you will get back everything you have paid out, with a deduction for the value of any parts of the booking you have already used. If a transport service or event that was included in the booking is cancelled at short notice, then reimbursement will only apply to the cancelled event/transport service. If you have a complaint, you must inform us of this within 3 days of your day of arrival. Faults occurring during your stay should be reported immediately. This should be done in the first instance to the hotel or cottage proprietor. If you have neglected to seek redress during the period of rental, and therefore not given the hotel/proprietor the opportunity of correcting any deficiencies, then you cannot retrospectively demand compensation. If, nevertheless, you are not satisfied with the compensation/reimbursement, you should communicate this in writing by at the latest 60 days after departure.
WHAT HAPPENS IF THE ORGANISER AND I CANNOT REACH AN AGREEMENT?
Approach us directly with any complaints. If we do not agree, you can turn to the National Board for Consumer Complaints (Allmänna Reklamationsnämnden). This Board has an impartial Chair and representatives of travel organisers and consumers. The address of the board is: Box 174, S-101 23 Stockholm, Sweden.
AS THE ORGANISER, WE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING THAT:
- You receive written confirmation of your booking.
- You receive documents and other details in good time.
- You are informed about all the important changes affecting your booking.
- You have access to the cottage/apartment from the time stated on the booking confirmation.
- If you are not satisfied with all or parts of the booking, then you should approach us.
We always strive to ensure that the descriptions and pictures of the facilities are correct and up-to-date. However, we cannot guarantee this in all cases, as the suppliers of the products are responsible for their own descriptions and pictures, prices and availability. GPAB cannot be held responsible for any incorrect, misleading, false or missing product information.
We are not responsible for promises that the owner or his representative might have made to you directly without our knowledge, and which we do not know about. (If you agree to anything that is not covered by the organiser's contract, ensure that you get this in writing, signed by the owner or their representative).
WHAT ARE MY RESPONSIBILITIES?
- You are responsible for checking your booking confirmation as soon as you receive it. Any mistakes must be pointed out immediately. Any commitments on the part of booking staff that are of vital importance to you should be noted down in the travel documents for reference.
- You must follow the regulations, instructions and provisions that apply to the cottage/flat, means of transport etc. Note: It is usually private homes being rented out. You are personally responsible for any damage occurring to the property and its fixtures and fittings as a result of carelessness on your part or that of a member of your party. You may not use the cottage/apartment for anything other than what was agreed in the booking (usually recreation) and you must not allow more people to spend the night in the cottage/apartment or on the plot than you stated in the booking. All persons should be listed at the time of booking – we assume that a maximum of one child under 2 years of age will not have a bed to themselves, unless stated otherwise.
- If complaints of annoying behaviour are reported to the proprietor he has the right immediately to evict the tenant if there is no improvement immediately after their being told of this. The same rules apply where more people are staying than the number allowed for the property. You as the guests are responsible for reimbursing the landlord for any costs incurred as a result of the above. You can only be refunded for the remaining nights if the landlord is able to rent out the facility to another guest.
- If you have any complaints about a property, you should in the first instance contact the proprietor, so that any unclear points can be clarified during your stay.
- At the time of booking, you should state whether you suffer from any type of allergy so that we as agents have the opportunity of finding the right property for you. N.B. It is stated in the description of the property if household pets/smoking are not allowed. We cannot guarantee that the object has been free of pets and smoking shortly before your arrival.
- You must clean before leaving unless another agreement is reached. If no cleaning has been done, a cost of at least EUR 110 will be charged.
- We are not liable for legislative or price changes that are outside our control.
The check-in and check-out times are specified on the confirmation. Unless specified in the confirmation, the price of accommodation does not include cleaning, bed linens, towels, a child's bed, high chair, toilet paper etc. Remember to bring what you need!
THE PERSONAL DATA ACT
By paying, you agree to GPAB's handling your personal data. The purpose of this is to allow the customary guest administration, to ensure that GPAB has access to reliable personal documentation in the event of an accident, to fulfil the terms of the cancellation guarantee and to administer and handle any damages incurred. The data may also be used to inform you about insurance and payment services and travel-related offers. The guest may also be contacted for market surveys.
Responsible agent and package arranger: Gotland Promotion AB
MINIMUM AGE FOR BOOKINGS
The minimum age for making bookings/signing agreements with us is 18. For group accommodation, at least two people must be 18 or older, unless a higher age limit is specified on the confirmation. ID must be presented on arrival. The minimum age is a requirement for access to the accommodation.
DEPOSITS AND FINAL PAYMENT
- Reservations booked more than 28 days before arrival require a down payment of 10% of the price, paid immediately to GPAB on booking. Invoicing and booking fees and cancellation insurance, if ordered, will be charged in addition to the deposit.
- For reservations made more than 28 days before arrival, final payment must be received by GPAB 28 days before arrival.
- For reservations made later than 28 days before arrival, final payment must be received by GPAB immediately.
GPAB must receive payment no later than the date on the confirmation. You will receive an e-mail requesting final payment well in advance of the due date. For reservations made later than 28 days before arrival, the entire amount is due immediately.
Can only be taken out at the time of booking. Cancellation insurance applies to all persons named in the booking. Cancellation insurance applies only in connection with presentation of a doctor's certificate. If the customer chooses to make use of cancellation insurance, all the persons on the booking are cancelled. No partial refund can be given if other people choose to make use of the journey.
EUR 33 per booking.
CANCELLATION COSTS (DOES NOT APPLY TO PRIVATE COTTAGES, HOUSES, FLATS, ROOMS AND FARMER’S COTTAGES)
When cancellation insurance has not been taken out or does not apply.
- 29 days or more before arrival: 10% of the total cost (deposit)
- 27-12 days before arrival: 25% of the price
- 11-2 days before arrival: 50%
- 1–0 days before arrival: 100%
If the rental object is rented out again, you may be reimbursed for these nights, minus an administration fee of SEK 395.
Cancellation insurance and change, invoicing and booking fees are non-refundable.
CANCELLATION COSTS FOR PRIVATE COTTAGES, HOUSES, FLATS, ROOMS AND FARMER’S COTTAGES
- 29 days or more before arrival: 10% of the total cost (deposit)
- 28–0 days before arrival: 100%
Cancellation insurance and change, invoicing and booking fees are non-refundable.
CANCELLATION FEES FOR BOOKED ROOMS (HOTEL, HOSTEL, GUEST HOUSE, BED & BREAKFAST)
If you have booked a room, such as a hotel room, that is not a part of a package, cancellation must be made no later than 17.00 the day before for a full refund – excluding any fees. If the cancellation is received later than this, no refund is granted.
CANCELLATION FEES FOR SPECIAL OFFERS
Note that specific change and cancellation rules may apply to certain prices and offers. Please check the pricing information carefully before completing your reservation. See also the confirmation you receive after booking for more information about change and cancellation rules.
CANCELLING AN EVENT RESERVATION
Event tickets cannot be changed or cancelled. You will not be reimbursed for an unused ticket.
COSTS OF ALTERATIONS
EUR 28 per booking and occasion. Note: A changed arrival or departure date counts as a cancellation. Additional costs for changing travel tickets may be charged in addition to this fee.
CONDITIONS FOR PACKAGES
The combined travel services offered are a package trip within the meaning of Directive (EU) 2015/2302. Therefore, you are covered by all EU rights that apply to package holidays. Gotland Promotion AB will be fully responsible for the complete package travel.
In addition, Gotland Promotion AB, by law, has a protection to repay your payments and, when transport is included in the package trip, ensuring your home transport.
More information under Directive (EU) 2015/2302.
Package reservations are only adjustable until 28 days before departure. After that the booking is closed for changes.
CONDITIONS OF TRANSFER
Transfer of accommodation and services provided can be made before the day of departure, in cases of transfer of boat and air tickets, where permitted by the carrier's terms. The carrier must be informed of the person to whom transfer has been made.
DEPOSIT FOR PRIVATE COTTAGES, HOUSES AND FLATS
For some private units, the owner requires a security deposit. You pay the deposit to the owner on site on arrival. The voucher you receive for your booked unit shows whether or not a deposit is required.
DEPOSIT, INTEREST ON OVERDUE PAYMENTS
We apply a deposit of EUR 28 on bookings through our call centre +46 (0)771-22 33 50. No deposit is charged for bookings over the Internet. Deposits paid late can mean that the booking is cancelled. For payment after the due date, interest on overdue payments and a reminder fee are charged.
A surcharge of EUR 8 applies when you pay by invoice. No charge is applied for e-mail invoices. You can only request an invoice when you book via our call centre.
If you want to change or cancel a passenger ticket, you must do so with GPAB on phone +46 (0)771-22 33 50. Apart from this, the transport company’s terms and conditions apply. A passenger ticket with Destination Gotland in a package reservation can be changed up until 28 days before departure.
In cases where the journey cannot be undertaken because of an impediment outside the control of the organiser, which the organiser could not reasonably be expected to have anticipated when the contract was undertaken, and whose results the organiser could not reasonably have avoided or overcome, the organiser is free from liability for damages or other sanctions. The same applies if the cancellation of the journey is caused by someone the organiser has retained or someone else at an earlier stage.
We assume no liability for legislative and price changes that are outside our control
CONDITIONS FOR TRAVEL BY FERRY
Mini and Flexi are two ticket options with different surcharges and terms. You can choose different ticket options for the outbound and return trips. The terms for Package tickets apply when you book a package. All ticket options can be booked up until 1 hour before departure. You cannot switch to a different ticket option after your booking is complete.
MINI TICKET/CAR PACKAGE
Travel terms: Your ticket is not changeable or refundable. Additional bookings (does not apply to the everyone + the car ticket) and passenger name changes are permitted. Additional bookings are subject to the prices valid at the time of the additional booking. When cancelling extra services (such as boat bus tickets) no less than 1 hour before departure you will be refunded everything but a 50 kronor service fee.
Travel terms: The ticket can be changed up until 1 hour before departure and is refundable if cancelled no less than 1 hour before departure. Within three months of the original travel date you can change the ticket to another route, date, departure time or comfort class. The outward or return journey can only be booked in full; it cannot be divided up into different departures. Changes are subject to the prices that apply at the time of the change. If you change to a more expensive option you must pay the difference. If you change to a less expensive option the difference is refunded (except for the Flexi surcharge). When cancelling all or parts of a ticket you will be refunded (except for the Flexi surcharge). Tickets that are not changed or cancelled in time (no later than 1 hour before departure) expire and cannot be used at a later time or refunded. Additional bookings and passenger name changes are permitted. Additional bookings are subject to the prices valid at the time of the additional booking. When cancelling extra services (such as a boat bus ticket) no later than 1 hour before departure, you will receive a refund.
Travel terms: The ticket can be changed up until 28 days before departure. Changes are subject to the prices that apply at the time of the change. If you change to a more expensive option you must pay the difference. If you change to a less expensive option the difference is refunded. You are permitted to change the name of the traveller.
Check-in opens 90 minutes to 2 hours before departure. When you pass check-in, you show your travel tickets, any discount card and/or identification. At check-in you are given a seat reservation with your seat preference and also reclining chair or cabin number. On request, you may need to show your seat reservation, so please have this available during the journey.
Those of you who are travelling without vehicles must be at check-in no less than 30 minutes before departure time. Check-in closes 15 minutes before departure. Those of you who are travelling with vehicles should be at check-in no less than 45 minutes before departure time. Check-in closes 15 minutes before departure. Groups must be at check-in at least 1 hour before departure.
If you do not keep to these deadlines, your seat will be regarded as cancelled and can be transferred to another traveller.
If you do not intend to use your booked journey, cancel your ticket as soon as possible at our booking centre, phone +46 (0)771-22 33 50 (automated menu).
PERSONAL INFORMATION AT BOOKING
According to the Swedish Maritime Administration, the shipping company must in its passenger lists state name, birth date, nationality and any functional disorder. This applies to all passengers.
Divergences from the route list can arise in connection with military transports, because of repairs to the ships, delays or rerouting as a result of weather and wind or other circumstances over which the shipping company has no control. The shipping company is not responsible for damages or other consequences which may arise from this. Offers of re-booking, without an administration fee, may be made between ships.
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
We assume no liability for any changes of times, prices, conditions of payment and discount decided during the period of validity of the route list.